Although sometimes you thought you have saved your documents after typing, you may lose them without knowing why. Here we come to tell you How To Recover Unsaved Word Document on Mac OS. Losing the unsaved word document on Mac OS does happen to the most of us due to the various reasons. Perhaps it is because you forget where you have just saved the document to the computer system or you miss to click the save button.
Since losing the important word document may become a confusing experience particularly when you need to open the document soon, we are going to describe the 3 methods how to get your unsaved data back. Check out the two methods for sure as follows:
How To Recover Unsaved Word Document on Mac OS:
There are typically temporary files created by the Apple Mac OS system in your computer’s temporary folder. You had better check your document in the temporary folder first to find out whether or not your losing document ends up. Follow the instruction below:
- Open the Applications followed by opening the Utilities and click Terminal.
- Enter the following command in the terminal and directly press Open $TMPDIR.
- Your TMP folder will be opened.
- Open the folder in the name “Temporary items”
- Check carefully whether your document is saved there.
The second method you can try related to finding out How To Recover Unsaved Word Document on Mac OS is to check your Microsoft Word on Mac computers which includes an Auto Recovery option. The Auto Recovery will automatically turn on when the computer system is on the default setting. This Auto Recovery option will save your word document every ten minutes which means this is very helpful for you.
Read out the step to check your losing document using Auto Recovery option as follows:
- Close Microsoft Word for Mac.
- Tap on Home.
- Click the document folder and open it up to allow you to open the Microsoft User Data folder.
- Place the files which start by words “AutoRecovery save of”. Then, choose the document that you want to recover and rename the file.
- Please add “.doc” to the file name extension.
- Double-click the file and the document will open for Word Mac.
- Select “Save as” and type the file name by the Name Field.
- Click “Save”
These steps will recover your word document whenever you might forget to save the document you have been typing.
The third method of How To Recover Unsaved Word Document on Mac OS is as follows:
- Go to Finder and click Go.
- Click “Go to Folder” and type ̴/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.word
- Your losing word document may be here.
Conclusively, there won’t be any problem with no solution. Even your losing word document will come back as long as you know the right path of How To Recover Unsaved Word Document on Mac OS. Make sure you follow all the steps given.